Review Being Updated: 22/12/15
Guitars play a very important role in producing great music. There are three different types of guitars; one amongst which is the acoustic guitar. Acoustic guitar seems to be a more popular choice for general people, as it can be learnt and played easier than the other two. Also, acoustic guitar is more portable and less technical to play. However, finding the right guitar of your choice may not be easy as there are countless guitar models out there in the market.
To make thing less complicated for you, our team has collected information and organized it into the buying guides and features you should consider in an acoustic guitar for you to know and you then could decide easier which one is best for your situation. If you are already an expert, you can go straight to our reviews. Also to narrow you to the top choices with good popularity, we have also brought up the reviews of 8″ Black Acoustic Guitar, Jasmine S35 Acoustic Guitar, and Fender Squier Acoustic Guitar Bundle that have won many online purchases of many guitar lovers. You are likely to love the options so good.
When you are more like an starter and need an acoustic guitar, this 8″ Black Acoustic Guitar is among the best options you can see. It has been designed smart with so many superiorities to produce great music for you. It is also easy to learn with as many users have marked the best selling acoustic guitar. Meanwhile, it is available at a good affordable price.
For materials used, the back side and neck are sapele, top side is spruce, and the Fretboard is rosewood. This is the acoustic guitar with 6 string designs. Size and weight are also to check, and for this Black Acoustic Guitar, it is designed at the 40 x 17 x 4.5 inches dimension. For the weight, combined with the shipping package, 4.7 pounds. That would be good on your hand, and you can play it enjoyably. The guitar design was actually made available since 2009. However, because it has a good popularity, the manufacture has continuously produced and delivered for their customers.
Coming with strap, case and extra string set, this Black Acoustic Guitar is made wholly from wood, and it owns a strong body, making it a good construction. Also, many buyers are impressed with its look and gloss finish. They terribly love the way this guitar is designed. Even more than that, many beginner users have said this guitar is wonderful and convenient to play with when they are so new and learning to play. At the same time, four color designs are made available, and you can easily pick your favorite one.
What Isn’t so great about this item:
As this is for the beginners, everything about this Black Acoustic guitar is so simple and basic. However, some buyers thought it is more like a toy. It is too simply. That is probably because they are already at another level with acoustic guitar. Some other buyers find an issue with the strap and case which they said the strap is too short and the case does not fit.
Jasmine S35 is another brilliant construction of the acoustic guitar we have reviewed and thought it deserves recommendation. It has been designed in a very simple look. However, its performance is incredible. Many users can not believe it comes at such an affordable price. It really does. The presentation, the price, and the performance have brought this Jasmine S35 up and be one of the best selling acoustic guitars for the moment.
Designed with a spruce top, Jasmine S35 has been laminated for its back and sides. For its Fretboard, it is rosewood that is used to ensure great look and good quality. Indeed for the overall design of Jasmine S35, it is quite impressive, especially with its satin finish. For back and neck part of the guitar, Nato is the material.
According to its manufacturer, Jasmine S35, like the 8″ Black Accoustic Guitar reviewed above, has been made for beginners of all ages. This Jasmine S35, additionally, is they dreadnought type, and it s capable of producing beautiful music at different styles you like to play. Of course, many users have thought it is a fantastic crafting artwork. On the other hand, this acoustic guitar is made in 18 x 8 x 48 inches, and comparing to the first suggestion, Jasmine S35 is a bit heavier, 5.6 pounds. By the way, lifetime warranty applies for the model.
What isn’t so great about this item:
Though many has marked it high for the satisfaction, there are a few buyers who met issues. For one, they experienced corroded strings which are not great for playing. The problem is this guitar is for the beginner, and if you meet that corroded strings, you may need to find a help. Some few other buyers find the sound of this guitar awful.
Now it has come to the last top pick from our team’s research. Unquestionably, according to the rate reviewed by the customers, Fender Squier Acoustic guitar is a highly recommend acoustic guitar. Actually, for this package, it is more than just an acoustic guitar. It comes with a bundle which contains all the accessories you may need to play good music. This way, it makes things easy for you when you want to play it immediately. Specifically, the bundle includes hard case, instructional DVD, String, Strap, Stand, Tuner, Picks and Polishing cloth, just everything you may need.
Moreover, this Fender Squier acoustic guitar owns the dreadnought body which is convenient to play with and could produce great sound quality in many styles. For the bridge material, good rosewood is used. With 45.2 x 6.5 x 18.5 inches as the dimension, for Fretboard, back, neck, and top, the materials are Elbony, Agathis, Agathis, and Spruce. When compared with others, this 6 string acoustic guitar is much more awesome for the appearance while many buyers have also marked it overall quality top. However, its pricing is higher, accordingly. That is because its higher quality as well as those many included extra accessories.
Also to notice, from the majority of the reviews by the customers, this Fender Squier acoustic guitar option has been amazing and impressive for them. They do like the way it looks, and the quality music it produces. It simply worth the price it costs, to them. And, what that is better if the fact that the guitar as instructional DVD which setting up and starting to play is not a problem. If you are seriously looking for a complete set and ready to play an acoustic guitar, this package should be taken into good consideration. Nevertheless, if you do not want to spend that much and do not need the accessories, the first and second suggestions might work better in your case.
What isn’t so great about this item:
Nonetheless, though having rated 4.5 star over 5, there are still some users who find it not an interesting acoustic guitar to buy. That is normal. No matter how good it is made, there are still certain issues to improve. And, specifically for this, some players thought that their string design is closer than the regular ones. Another thing is the problem with shipping, some have received their package with flaws and dents. The last interesting story about this is the fact that the few players find its tune difficult to adjust.
Buying Guides : What to Know Before Buying an Acoustic Guitar
When you are a complete beginner, you know very little about an acoustic guitar. That is when you need to hold on, learn something more about it before jumping to buy. That could get you the righter acoustic guitar. And this below information is what that can help you around getting to know which to buy:
- Budget Size: There are plenty of acoustic guitars on the market, and they are available at different prices. An acoustic guitar could cost less than 100 bucks or even a few hundreds bucks. It depends on many things such as the sound quality, product materials, and brand.
- Purpose: The purpose of the play is also important. And, it is completely different between when you are a complete beginner to need an acoustic guitar and when you are already an expert. Guitars you will see are made for a purpose. You know your purpose, and you know what purpose your guitar is made for. You then can choose the right one.
- Body Style: Body style has something to do with the design, the comfort as well as the sound quality. Many sizes and shapes are available, and that is to consider when selecting an acoustic guitar. Comfort should also be a main thing to care about. Playing though in sitting or standing needs good comfort, and if it does, you can, of course, play in a more enjoyable way.
- Guitar Parts: To know more, you may need to understand the main elements of a guitar too. It has the top part, neck and body. Each element or part has its own function to produce the sound quality an acoustic guitar. Width, length, size, and shape of each are as well different.
- Design and Materials: Design is an overall presentation of a guitar. Either it is an acoustic guitar or a different type, it has its own design, and whether you like it or not, it depends on your interest. But, that interest is what you should fulfill. You feel good when you hold the guitar you like. Materials used is also to care for. Different types of wood like rosewood are commonly used, and they have in some ways affect on the quality of the guitar as a whole.
- Nylon Vs Steel Strings: Also to know, some acoustic guitars come with steel strings while others are nylon. If you are at your beginning stage, you would feel a bit of hurt in your finger to touch the strings often and strong to learn to play.
- Acoustic Vs Acoustic-Electronic: Choosing between the two is a decision, and it bases on your like and habit when playing your guitar. The only difference between acoustic and acoustic-electronic guitar is the electronic system which allows you to plug in and record your sound. If that is what you need too, you had better get the acoustic electronic one. If not, the normal acoustic guitar is good too.
Features to Consider in an Acoustic Guitar:
- Sound Quality: Indeed, you want to play guitar, and you want the best music from it. Thus, sound quality is matter to care for in a acoustic guitar you will pick. The sound quality comes from different features in a guitar such as the soundboard, the strings, and more. To know if your interested acoustic guitar is good, check out the review and see what previous buyers and users think about it. They have actual experience to tell you.
- Tonewood: In any specification of an acoustic guitar, you will see the types of woods specified as the materials of the parts. It has more or less some effects on the sound quality and design. Usually, rosewood, elboney, and maple are the ones that are used.
- Neck: a neck of an acoustic guitar is where the joint is between the top part and the body. For acoustic guitar, the joint is often stick by glue to combine. For electric guitar, bolt on neck is more usual.
- Finish: Guitar makers will decide the finish of their product. Good finish makes it look great and awesome, and it affects the least to the way guitar vibrates and produces the sound. Normally, they have chosen right. Guitar makers know what they are doing.
- Weight: Weight is to check for sure. You are going to hold your guitar for a short or long while. Lighter one is more convenient and bring less work to your hands. Importantly, you can play without that disturb.
- Comfort Play: This is to do with the shape and sizes of the body of your guitar. Weight is also a point. Many good acoustic guitars are comfortable to hold and play for a long while. This comfort feature is extremely important and must-check.
- Extra Accessories: If you think you also need extra accessories such as the hard case and extra string set, you could also consider the acoustic guitar bundle option. The package has more for you. Our third pick Fender Squier comes in a bundle. You may want to check it out if so.
10.Hola Deluxe Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
This Hola! HG-41N Deluxe Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is one the best choices available in the market right now. It is a natural wooden body type of acoustic guitar that features rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Moreover, such features are equipped with bone nut and compensated bone saddle to make it even more durable and sturdy. This guitar is decorated with a traditional white ABS binding with celluloid purfling. There is also an inlaid celluloid rosette that makes it even more sleek and classy.
9.Fender Squier Acoustic Guitar Bundle
Fender Squier Acoustic Guitar is also another decent choice to look for. This quality model from Fender features a full-size dreadnought body style that provides a highly balanced and vibrant tone for all kinds of music you want to play. Also, this natural wooden guitar also comes with a laminated spruce top and agathis back and sides that make it even more premium and good-looking. Along with the guitar, you can also get various accessories such as gig bag, picks, strap and strings.
8.Black Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Standing top, this 41 Inch Full Size Black Handcrafted Steel String Acoustic Guitar is also another great option. This very well-made guitar also costs at a very reasonable price, considering the overall sound and build quality it provides. It features a ping style chrome tuners with resin nut, as well as a Calputa Fretboard with Dot Inlay. Moreover, the linden top and ABS black pickguard of this guitar are also great features that this acoustic guitar provides.
7.Yamaha FG700S Acoustic Guitar
The Yamaha FG700S Acoustic Guitar also makes its spot as one of the best acoustic guitars in 2015. Quality wise, this guitar is developed with a solid sitka spruce top, rosewood fingerboard and die-cast tuners, which ensure rich and balanced sound and tone quality. Design wise, the glossy natural wooden finish look makes it very sleek and classy, especially when performing under the stage lights. If you are looking for a decent acoustic guitar as your companion, then this could be a great option to go for.
6.Fender CD-60 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
Fender CD-60 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar with Hard Case – All Mahogany is also another popular choice in the market. This acoustic guitar is well known for its laminated mahogany top featuring scalloped x-bracing and the laminated mahogany sides and back. This guitar also comes with a 20-fret rosewood fingerboard. The body also features Rosewood Bridge with a compensated saddle. Overall, this acoustic model from Fender is one of best choices you should consider.
5.Hohner Classical Acoustic Guitar
Another quality acoustic guitar that also marks a spot in this list is the Hohner HC03 ¾-size classical acoustic guitar. It is a very well made guitar that suits perfectly for children of eight to thirteen years old. This guitar features a spruce top with catalpa back and sides that provide a very classy design to its look. Highly recommended by music tutors world wide, this classical acoustic guitar from Hohner should definitely be in your next shopping list.
4.Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Bundle
Another model from Fender also makes its place in this list is the Fender FA-100 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar. Both the fretboard and the bridge of this guitar are all made of high-quality rosewood that helps provide vibrant and pleasant sound quality. It also features a laminated spruce top and laminated agathis back and sides that give an even better looking design to this guitar. With this guitar set from Fender, you also get a gig bag, tuner, extra strings, picks and strap, which are all essential gears to play and maintain a good guitar hobby.
3.PRS SE Angelus A10E Acoustic Electric Guitar Bundle
This PRS SE Angelus A10E Acoustic Electric Guitar is also another popular option in the market right now. It is an all-mahogany body that features a solid and high-quality mahogany top and neck. The fingerboard is made of Rosewood with bird inlays. One of the special features this guitar provides is the fact that it comes with a PRS X-Brace/Classical hybrid design that can be played as both acoustic and electric. With this guitar set, you also get a special PRS Deluxe hard case and many accessory packs such as strap, tuner, picks, polishing cloth and tuner.
2.Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar, Ebony
This Ebony Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar is one of Epiphone’s best selling guitars of all time. It features a very classy design along with superb sound quality that let you enjoy the perfect harmony of guitar music. It is a very high-end Mahogany-body guitar. The top of this guitar is made of select spruce, whereas the back and sides is also mahogany’s base. Such a great complement materials of this guitar’s overall structure gives a very decent sound quality that every musician and audience are looking for.
Standing also top, this 41 inch full size cutaway 6 steel string guitar from Trendy is among the best. One of the best features this Trendy guitar is well known for is the fact that it is a customized and handmade guitar that offers a very rich and vibrant tone that everyone love. More importantly, this guitar is specially designed with a 5-band pickup/preamp system and a built-in tuner, which allows for two playing options: acoustic and plugged in. Highly recommended for both elementary and intermediate players, this acoustic guitar from Trendy should be the one to go for if you want to pick up guitar as your hobby.